Credentialed Houston Tax Law Attorneys
Help with tax planning, audits and appeals for clients throughout Texas
Hoover Slovacek recently added a Tax Practice Group to assist clients with tax planning and tax controversy needs. We provide expert service, including:
Tax planning and advice for:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Trusts and estates
- IRS audits
- IRS appeals
- Tax Court litigation
- Franchise tax audits and disputes
- Sales tax audits and disputes
The Tax Practice Group at Hoover Slovacek believes that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” and that “knowledge is power” when it comes to effective and risk-appropriate tax planning. Appropriate tax planning on the front end of a transaction can save the client money and headaches in the future. We strive to fully understand a transaction and provide aggressive, yet sound, advice and strategies to provide the client with the most beneficial tax structure and attributes available.
We also assist clients after a tax dispute has arisen by providing representation of the client in audits, appeals and litigation with experienced and tested attorneys and support staff.
Our recent projects and accomplishments
- Recent work with a buyer and seller in a business combination to ensure that the combined business would be entitled to the continued benefit of an $8 million operating loss carryforward
- Aiding a buyer and seller in structuring their transaction to take advantage of the partnership step up in basis provided for by IRC section 754/743
- Successful resolution of issues between a taxpayer and the IRS in a tax court matter involving change of accounting method issues and adjustments, saving the taxpayer hundreds of thousands in tax liability
- Helping a company and its key employee comply with the IRS executive compensation guidelines and IRC section 409
- Assisting a client in resolution of issues between parties to a transaction regarding the classification and treatment of an entity for tax purposes
Hoover Slovacek LLP's tax law attorneys
Strategic solutions for tax law concerns in Texas
For more than 40 years, individuals, investors, businesses, community groups, management companies and financial institutions have trusted the tax law lawyers at Hoover Slovacek LLP for practical, cost-effective representation. Contact our law firm online or by calling (713) 977-8686 to discuss how the firm might benefit you.