Esteemed Real Estate Law Firm in Houston
A long history of successful real estate representation
Hoover Slovacek has been practicing in the real estate arena for more than 40 years. We have helped clients thrive in both weak and strong markets. We persevere by combining innovation with exceptional attorneys, including those who have received coveted certification as real estate law specialists by the state of Texas.
Our real estate law firm regularly provides exemplary representation to clients in Houston and across Texas, including:
- Owners and property managers
- Developers, builders and contractors
- Realtors and title companies
- Real estate investment trusts (REITS)
- Residential and commercial property associations
- Buyers and sellers in varied transactions and disputes, ranging from multi-million dollar commercial properties to single-family residences
Texas real estate attorneys with proven strategies
Firm lawyers provide a diverse spectrum of real estate services, from transactional work to dispute resolution and litigation. Our extensive and notable experience includes:
- Projects / transactions
- Commercial and residential land development
- Sales, financing, capitalization and work-outs
- Retail/shopping center
- Mixed-use projects
- Section 1031 (like-kind) exchanges
- Hotel / motel / resort properties
- General forms and business documents preparation
- Commercial and residential lease negotiations
- Cellular tower leases, site agreements and related issues
- Construction contracts
- Co-tenancy agreements and issues
- Creation of homeowner associations and documents
- Vendor contracts
- Dispute resolution
- Contract disputes
- Construction disputes
- Mechanic’s and materialman’s liens
- Deed restriction violations
- Collection of delinquent assessments
- Property management
- Landlord/tenant litigation
- Non-payment of rent
- Misuse of premises
- Build-out requirements
- Subletting apartments and other properties
- Environmental obligations and other issues of breaches in lease terms
- Preparation of lease forms and related documentation
- Review of management contracts
- Negotiation of contracts with property vendors, contractors and utility companies
- Compliance with various employment and regulatory issues
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) issues
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) issues
- Environmental and other regulatory issues
Dedicated legal support for landlords and property managers
At Hoover Slovacek LLP, we believe that preventative legal advice is critical to serving our clients’ best interests. We assist property managers in educating their employees so that attorney intervention does not become necessary on most issues. We have also provided property management services for 40 years to residential and commercial clients, both landlords and tenants.
Property taxes are one of the highest and most volatile expenses and taxes for a commercial property owner. Fortunately, property owners and lessees often can control their property tax expense.
Hoover Slovacek LLP protects the interests of property owners and lessees in ad valorem tax matters. We assist taxpayers and their property tax representatives throughout the appeal process, from ensuring compliance with administrative requirements, to representation in district court. Our objective is for our clients' assessments to be equitable and uniform when compared to those of their competitors.
Our client base is broad and includes:
We believe the most effective property tax attorney understands not only administrative and judicial procedures but also appraisal and valuation theory. Our property tax attorney has been a licensed Texas property tax consultant representing taxpayers before various county appraisal review boards since 2001. Furthermore, our attorney has passed exams for numerous real and personal property valuation courses through the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) and Texas Association of Property Tax Professionals (TAPTP).
In addition, we assist with tax planning strategies, including abatements, exemptions and the impact of changing the use or ownership of a property.
Whether your concerns relate to the assessment of your commercial office building, industrial warehouse, or your fixed assets and inventory, Hoover Slovacek LLP can assist you.
Hoover Slovacek LLP real estate attorneys
- Robert T. Alexander
- Jeremy D. Baker
- Michael T. Ballases
- Howard M. Bookstaff
- Adelqui J. Boué
- Jonathan H. Clark
- Brandi J. Croffie
- Charles L. Daugherty
- Rusty R. Foteh
- Mark K. Knop
- Matthew A. Kornhauser
- James H. Leeland
- Harold "Hap" May
- David N. Morrell, Jr.
- James T. Muska, Jr.
- Jason C. Neal
- Thomas Michael Pickford, Jr.
- Sarah Ann Powers
- Dylan B. Russell
- Greg A. Savage
- Terry E. Sealey
- Joseph O. Slovacek
- Nina A. Tran
- Catherine Graubart Wile
- Hal G. Wolff
Strategic solutions for real estate concerns in Texas since 1969
For more than 40 years, individuals, investors, businesses, community groups, management companies and financial institutions have trusted the real estate lawyers at Hoover Slovacek LLP for practical, cost-effective representation. Contact our law firm online or by calling (713) 977-8686 to discuss how the firm might benefit you.