Robert T. Alexander
Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law and Residential Real Estate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Areas of Practice:
- Texas 1980
Robert T. (“Bob”) Alexander is Of Counsel to Hoover Slovacek LLP heading the community association representation department. Mr. Alexander has represented community associations throughout his entire 30-year career at Hoover Slovacek. His firm is a long-standing member of both Community Associations Institute (CAI) and Greater Houston Neighborhood Associations (CCUCA), and he has presented numerous seminars over the years on a variety of topics for both organizations. He is a past President of CAI.
Mr. Alexander has been highly involved in legislative issues regarding community associations for many years, and he previously served on former State Senator Jon Lindsay’s Attorney Task Force on Property Owners Associations. During the 2011 Session of the Texas Legislature, he served on the Board of Directors of Texas Community Association Advocates (TCAA) of Community Associations Institute as it worked to protect the rights of associations. While serving as a Director for TCAA during the session, he testified on behalf of associations on a number of occasions in both the House and the Senate.
- Texas Foreclosure Law Amended, Texas Land Title Association News, Winter, 1988
- 1991 Association Case Law Update, FACETS, the Journal of the Greater Houston Chapter of the Community Associations Institute, Nov/Dec, 1991
Honors and Awards:
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV
- H Magazine - "Top Real Estate Lawyer for the People" Listing
- Committee Chair of the Year Award Winner, Community Associations Institute, 1993
- Hall of Fame, Community Associations Institute, 2000
- Presidential Star Award, Community Associations Institute, 2002
- Beachtown Commercial Foundation Corp.
- Houston Area Development Corporation
- Newland Communities
- Redi-Carpet Sales of Houston, Ltd.
- Approximately 300 commercial, master planned, single family residential, townhome and condominium associations in the Greater Houston area.