Robert T. Alexander
Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law and Residential Real Estate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Areas of Practice:
- Texas 1980
Robert T. Alexander (“Bob”) has been with the firm throughout his entire career of more than 33 years as a real estate attorney. He is an Honors graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, and he received his law degree from the University of Houston School of Law. He is Board Certified as a Specialist in both Residential Real Estate Law and Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Bob is an AV Preeminent rated attorney by the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory, which is the highest ranking available for both competency and ethics.
From the outset of his career, Bob has represented community associations, their management companies, and residential developers. He has been active in both the Greater Houston Chapter of CAI and Greater Houston Neighborhood Associations, and he has presented numerous seminars over the years on a variety of topics for both organizations. He is a past President, Vice President and Board Member of GHCCAI.
Bob has been highly involved in legislative issues regarding community associations over the years, and he previously served on former State Senator Jon Lindsay’s Attorney Task Force on Property Owners Associations. For many years, Bob served on the Board of Directors of the Texas Legislative Action Committee of CAI, and later, on the Board of Directors of Texas Community Association Advocates of CAI as they worked to protect the rights of associations. While serving on these Boards, he testified on behalf of associations on numerous occasions in both the House and the Senate.
- Texas Foreclosure Law Amended, Texas Land Title Association News, Winter, 1988
- 1991 Association Case Law Update, FACETS, the Journal of the Greater Houston Chapter of the Community Associations Institute, Nov/Dec, 1991
Honors and Awards:
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV
- H Magazine - "Top Real Estate Lawyer for the People" Listing
- Committee Chair of the Year Award Winner, Community Associations Institute, 1993
- Hall of Fame, Community Associations Institute, 2000
- Presidential Star Award, Community Associations Institute, 2002
- Beachtown Commercial Foundation Corp.
- Houston Area Development Corporation
- Newland Communities
- Redi-Carpet Sales of Houston, Ltd.
- Approximately 300 commercial, master planned, single family residential, townhome and condominium associations in the Greater Houston area.