Certified in Financial Forensics by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas, 1995
Curtis McCreight is an attorney and Certified Public Accountant who primarily practices in areas related to bankruptcy, commercial transactions, tax, forensic accounting and analysis, and commercial litigation.
Mr. McCreight works with small businesses chapter 11 and chapter 7 debtors to provide cost effective legal services aimed at securing a fresh start for the client. He also represents secured creditors guiding them through the bankruptcy process and protecting their interests at every turn. Mr. McCreight has also worked with third party non-bankrupt clients in evaluating, analyzing, and purchasing assets and entities through the bankruptcy process.
Mr. McCreight helps purchasers, sellers, and secured lenders in developing and implementing innovative approaches to achieving their goals by structuring transactions to minimize tax consequences and maximize value. He also represents taxpayers in disputes with the IRS and other taxing authorities.
Mr. McCreight aids bankruptcy trustees and other clients by providing forensic accounting and analysis services to assist in the discovery, documentation, tracing, and proving of ponzi schemes, fraudulent transfers, preferences, and damage calculations.
- Represented a small promotional products company and confirmed its Chapter 11 Plan;
- Protected the interest of a secured creditor in a single asset chapter 11 (hotel in San Antonio);
- Aided his client in the purchase of a California aircraft repair and maintenance facility out of bankruptcy;
- Represented a bankruptcy trustee in the uncovering, documentation, and establishment of a debtor’s and its related insider’s, fraudulent scheme and actions to denude a corporate debtor prior to bankruptcy which resulted in the recovery of substantial assets for the estate;
- Assisted a domestic oil and gas engineering company in its merger with an international, publicly traded, oil and gas service company;
- Represented a client in a complex dispute relating to entity classification for tax purposes;
- Resolved issues between the IRS and his client, an international importer, relating to audit adjustments resulting in several hundreds of thousands of dollars in reduced tax liability.