Adelqui J. Boué
Areas of Practice:
- Illinois, 1995
- Texas, 2008
Adelqui J. Boué is an attorney in the Hoover Slovacek LLP transactional law practice, and has been practicing real estate, corporate and sports and entertainment law for the past 16 years within both Texas and Illinois. As a proud Cuban-American and director in Latino bar associations, Mr. Boué has made an impact through his continued involvement within the Latino communities of both Chicago and Houston and his representation of Spanish-speaking clients. Over the years, Mr. Boué has represented and worked on transactions involving corporate clients such as Northern Trust Bank, Encore Bank, Blockbuster Video, Master Tile, and Target Corporation as well as numerous small business clients in various aspects.
On the sports side, Mr. Boué has represented or advised numerous professional athletes and sports-related companies within professional sports of football, golf, baseball, boxing and the world of entertainment. Some of these companies include AquaHydrate, Edel Golf, Inc., mytrainer.com, Big Gus Media, LLC, International Record Distributors, Inc., Sony Music and BMI Music. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Boué was a member of the Media Relations Department of the Chicago Cubs baseball franchise before switching to the other side to represent professional athletes in various capacities.
- Throughout his real estate practice, Mr. Boué has represented numerous individual and corporate clients on various projects in connection with more than 3,000 residential and commercial real estate transactions.
- Mr. Boué has negotiated numerous playing contracts for professional athletes and sport-related companies as well as complete representation of the athletes in connection with their off the field endeavors.
Since 1999, Mr. Boué has been a Certified Contract Advisor of the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) and held similar status with the Canadian Football League Players Association and as a Certified Athlete Agent by the State of Texas. Mr. Boué has spoken at numerous seminars and served as a panelist at various real estate and sports law related events.
- Sports Management Seminar, Rice University
- Real Estate Homebuyer Seminar, Chicago Bar Association
- Sports Law Seminar, The John Marshall Law School