T. Michael Ballases
Areas of Practice:
- Texas, 2002
T. Michael Ballases is a trial attorney, who concentrates his practice on litigation involving business and commercial disputes, real estate, banking, contracts, probate, and general civil matters. Mr. Ballases represents a diverse client base ranging from large corporations to individual entrepreneurs. He is experienced in Texas State and Federal courts as well as arbitration and has litigated various claims including breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, deceptive trade practices, misrepresentation, negligence, and civil theft, among others.
Mr. Ballases uses a practical approach, rooted in common sense, to solve his client's problems. His philosophy when approaching any legal matter is simple: Determine what his client ultimately seeks and focus on attaining it by utilizing a big picture methodology and avoiding the meaningless clutter.
- Prevailed at trial obtaining fraud verdict and sizeable award of damages.
- Won arbitration award on behalf of business owner against architect for defective design.
- Awarded summary judgment for developer in breach of a real estate contract dispute.
- Prevailed over plaintiff's claims on summary judgment and obtained summary judgment on client's counterclaim in shareholder dispute, which resulted in client's reacquisition of stock.
- Awarded summary judgment evicting commercial tenant for non monetary breach of lease to enable landlord to make better use of property.
- Successfully prosecuted and negotiated lender's claims against debtor resulting in full repayment of debt plus attorneys' fees.
- Awarded summary judgment in fraud in a real estate transaction allowing client to have property placed back into client's name free and clear.
- Obtained multiple temporary restraining orders and temporary injunctions.
LinkedIn – Public Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-ballases/14/44b/300